Everything You Wanted to Know About Solar PV
But Were Afraid to Ask
“The solar installation guide cuts straight to the chase and gives consumers a seven-step process – from finding the right system to negotiations with electricity retailers, connecting to the grid and signing contracts. With the recent rises in power bills and solar power systems falling in price over the last four or five years, solar power has never been more appealing.” Clean Energy Council Chief Executive Kane Thornton
The Guide to Installing Solar PV For Households is produced by the Clean Energy Council. This free, easy-to-use guide covers everything about installing household solar panels. It takes you through a simple seven-step process to help you select the ideal solar system for your needs, providing simple information that will help you quickly understand the process better and avoid some common pitfalls.
Here are a few of the topics included in the guide for households.
- The different types of solar PV systems
- How much will it cost?
- Government incentive schemes
- Feed-in tariffs (the amount your electricity company pays you for excess power)
- Choosing the right size solar system
- Things to watch out for when signing a contract
- Installation and connection to the grid
- Maintaining your solar system
- What to do if something goes wrong
Consumer Protection with the Clean Energy Council Solar PV Retailer Code of Conduct
It’s hard sometimes to tell the difference between reliable information and a sales pitch. The guide outlines the Clean Energy Council Solar PV Retailer Code of Conduct which helps consumers identify companies that are prepared to go the extra mile, while the Clean Energy Council’s solar accreditation scheme ensures that installers are up to date with the latest technical standards for solar power.
- Feature image credit to ©iStock.com/Vesna Andjic